Low Carb Wrap with Zucchini and Hummus
(Gluten-Free and Vegan!)
<< Back to Low Carb Low Fat Recipes
This low carb wrap is low fat and high in nutrients!
It will keep you going for hours!
Low Carb Wrap Ingredients (makes 1 wrap, about 200 grams of food):
- 1 low carb, gluten-free tortilla (Trader Joe's has a good rice-tortilla option!)
- 1/4 tbsp coconut oil (you can forego the oil for an even lower fat recipe, but coconut oil is a really healthy fat and will help sustain your energy for longer ;)
- 2 tbsps low-fat hummus
- Lettuce leaves
- 1/3 of a carrot (shredded)
- Half a zucchini
- Salt (optional)
- Cilantro dressing (optional)
- Slice or chop the zucchini to your desired size.
- Steam the zucchini for 5-10 minutes (best when it's slightly firm).
- 4-5 minutes into steaming the zucchini, put the tortilla into the steamer too. This will make it yummy and taste like a regular tortilla! It may stick out of the steamer a little. If it does, rotate it after a minute. Steam the tortilla for about 2-3 minutes total.
- Slather the coconut oil onto the tortilla (this keeps it soft with a good taste and texture).
- Spread the hummus onto the tortilla
- Add the zucchini and then sprinkle dill and maybe a dash of salt to flavor.
- Add the lettuce and shredded carrots.
Optional: If you want a zingy taste, you can add a tablespoon of cilantro dressing (also sold at Trader Joe's in the salad section).
- Carbs: 35g
- Fiber: 5.5g
- Protein: 6g
- Fat: 9g with oil (5g without oil)
- Sugar: 0g
- Calories: 250
This healthy wrap is so scrumptious, I love making one for lunch. Or, you could make a dozen wraps for a potluck. Guests will love how tasty a gluten-free vegan entree can be!
I'd love to hear your feedback and how you like this recipe. Please leave me a comment below.
Like this page on Facebook!
Return from Zucchini Hummus Wrap back to Low Carb Low Fat Recipes